Using biochemical analysis, I use a Functional Medicine model to address even the most complex and multifaceted of health issues. Combining comprehensive case histories with state-of-the-art diagnostic testing Functional Medicine can address a broad spectrum of conditions such as digestive disorders, nutritional deficiencies, thyroid dysfunction, hormonal imbalances, mental health concerns and immune issues – and much more…
I have teamed up with the UK’s best laboratories to offer you a broad range of tests to assess your health needs. These include:
- Stool Testing; digestive health is the root to good health and affects all other body systems, including immune, nervous and hormonal. We can test many different factors that may be linked to digestive, immune and stress symptoms, such as beneficial bacteria status, pathogenic bacteria, yeasts, parasites and other infestations and digestive and absorptive capacity.
- SIBO Lactulose/Glucose Breath Test; This test assists in the diagnosis and care for patients suffering from SIBO and Lactose, Fructose, Sucrose intolerance using lactulose or glucose as the substrate. The test provides a convenient breath collection device that allows patients to gain access to this test without having to go to a clinic or hospital.
- Organics Acids Test; The urinary dysbiosis test looks at various compounds in urine thought to be suggestive of an imbalance of gut bacteria. The test measures metabolites in urine that provide valuable information about energy production, liver function, antioxidant status, neurotransmitter production and many others – very helpful for difficult cases, energy problems and chronic illness.
- Adrenal Stress Index; a 4 sample saliva test that measures your rhythm of the stress hormones cortisol and DHEA over the course of a day and can explain much about burnout, stress-related symptoms, cravings, fatigue, energy dips, sleep and mental health issues.
- Advanced Thyroid Profile Tests; lowered thyroid function is seen more commonly in response to stress and poor nutrient status, it can be the underlying cause behind many weight, mood and energy issues. The test includes thyroid antibodies, often not included in an NHS thyroid test, and can indicate if autoimmune thyroid disease is developing.
- Omega 3 & 6; Fats are an essential part of a healthy balanced diet and Western diets are generally high in omega 6 fats which are pro-inflammatory and low in omega 3, anti-inflammatory. This simple at home blood spot test test for your omega 3:6 ratio, important for inflammatory conditions, hormonal balance, digestive health and mood disorders.
- Female Hormone Panels; a variety of blood, urine and saliva tests are used to asses hormone function for conditions such as infertility, PCOS, endometriosis, early menopause, PMS, infrequent periods.
- Vitamin and Mineral Analysis: Checking that your vitamin and mineral levels are optimum is a sensible precautionary measure that can help to keep your health in check. Vitamins and Minerals have far reaching health consequences in the body and optimum levels can help to reduce risk of disease and deficiencies can highlight potential problem areas that need to be addressed. Vitamins and Mineral fall neatly into different categories and testing can involve just one of these and categories, a combination of all of them, or just single nutrients.
- Hair Mineral Analysis; measures mineral levels and shows any toxic metals present.
- Food Intolerance Test; home pin-prick blood test to identify foods that may be affecting your health, but are difficult to self-diagnose as an intolerance reaction can happen minutes to days after eating the food and there is usually more than one.
The cost of any recommended testing is not included in your programme, however the analysis of recommended tests is included in my 30 and 90 day programmes if test results arrive within your programme dates. Payment for tests can be made directly to the laboratory.